1) What is HCG?
- HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. HCG is naturally occurring in both men and women, but it is produced in excess by the placenta during pregnancy.
2) Is HCG safe for men?
- The HCG used for the HCG weight loss protocol is actually already found in men. In fact, it is present in every human tissue, including males and non-pregnant women as well as pregnant women. Men will lose weight just as easily as women on the HCG diet, if not more.
3) How much weight will I lose with the HCG diet?
- Most HCG dieters report a loss of 1 to 2 pounds a day, at the very least, ½ pound a day, and at the most, 3+ pounds a day. One pound is generally lost in the first day after the loading phase.
4) Is it healthy to lose 1-2 lbs a day with HCG?
- Weight loss studies have shown that weight loss following the Simeons protocol comes directly from adipose fat tissue rather than lean muscle. In doing so, the weight loss comes directly from fat and does not strip the body of much needed muscle, vitamins or minerals essential to maintain good health.
5) Why the 500 calorie diet?
- HCG shots cause your hypothalamus to mobilize the fat out of the fat storage locations so that it’s available for use, but this is only effective if your body recognizes a significant drop in calories.
6) What can I eat on the 500 calorie program?
• You are allowed:* 2 servings per day of very lean chicken, white fish, very lean beef, egg whites, crab, lobster, shrimp, and scallops for your protein. You can choose from non starchy vegetables such as lettuce, green beans, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, spinach or tomatoes. * 2 fruits per day or 2 fat free Melba toasts a day * Fruit choices: apples, oranges, a handful of grapes or 3-5 strawberries * 1 tablespoon of fat free milk per day * Spices, mustard, and the juice of 1 lemon per day * Unlimited unsweetened tea and water are allowed
7) Will I be hungry on 500 calories a day?
- It is sometimes common for mild hunger during the first few days, however this will pass. You will find even very tiny servings to be completely satisfying. This is partly due to your hypothalamus adjusting your metabolic rate, but largely due to the amount of calories circulating in your system from the fat being released.
8) Wouldn’t I lose weight anyway just by eating 500 calories a day?
- You would certainly lose weight, but not as much, and eventually your metabolism would slow down. As a result, your weight loss would hit a plateau. This is why you initially will lose weight on a diet but then it seems that you can not lose anymore regardless of how much you diet or exercise.
9) Can I buy HCG over the Internet or without a prescription?
- Authentic HCG is a controlled substance and is only legally dispensed via a prescription from a physician. If you are getting HCG online or from an individual without a valid prescription, it is not authentic HCG. Don’t risk it! If you are going to put in the time and effort to lose weight, please do it safely under the care of a physician.
10) Who is a candidate for the HCG diet?
- The majority of men and women can use HCG for weight loss. It is recommended that dieters consult a physician concerning weight loss, along with the appropriate implementation of the HCG protocol. The physician will not recommend HCG weight loss for women who are pregnant, nursing or plan to become pregnant.
11) How about safety and side effects of the HCG diet?
- There are rarely side effects reported while using HCG diet shots or oral HCG for weight loss. Women are encouraged to use a back up contraceptive method while on the protocol as HCG may increase fertility.
12) Will I gain the weight back after the HCG diet?
- After the HCG Protocol, you will find your appetite is reduced and your metabolism has increased. You will find a normal amount of exercise will be sufficient for maintaining a very healthy body – from yoga, to 20 minutes of cardio a day, or whatever you enjoy that gets your heart moving.
13) What is the Maintenance program?
- It is important to continue with the maintenance program after the HCG protocol to set your metabolism. If you were to start back eating the way you did before the diet, you would gain the weight back faster since your metabolism has not fully reset to the new higher level. The maintenance program will last between 3-9 months depending on your ability to maintain your weight.
14) What does the program consist of?
- The complete program is 3 months, but the length of use of HCG will depend on your goals. Those who need to lose up to 15 pounds will be on HCG for 23 days. Those who need to lose more will be on it for 40 days. If you have more than 40 pounds to lose, you will need to repeat the protocol until the desired weight loss is achieved.
15) You have a support team!
- In any weight loss program, dieting is much more effective when you have support every step of the way. The staff at Metrolina Weight Loss will guide you through every step, if you have a problem you can call us and we will help you through it.
16) When can I schedule my appointment?
- Call us at 803-985-3939 and we will schedule an appointment to get you started! You can also visit our Contact page here. Your first visit will be an introductory consultation and information session, followed by an evaluation, weigh in and your first week of HCG.