1) What is HCG?
• HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. HCG is naturally occurring in both men and women, but it is produced in excess by the placenta during pregnancy.
2) Is HCG safe for men?
• The HCG used for the HCG weight loss protocol is actually already found in men. In fact, it is present in every human tissue, including males and non-pregnant women as well as pregnant women. Men will lose weight just as easily as women on the HCG diet, if not more.
3) How much weight will I lose with the HCG diet?
• Most HCG dieters report a loss of 1 to 2 pounds a day, at the very least, ½ pound a day, and at the most, 3+ pounds a day. One pound is generally lost in the first day after the loading phase. Factors that guarantee faster weight loss include adding/increasing vegetable intake and mixing salad with each meal. Fiber intake is extremely important, as is water intake. Water will help flush out fat from your body as you lose weight. The body will develop an immunity to HCG after approximately 6 weeks. So, if you have more than 40 pounds to lose, you will have to do a full series of HCG, wait 6 weeks, and then you can begin your next series if necessary.
4) Is it healthy to lose 1-2 lbs a day with HCG?
• Weight loss studies have shown that weight lost following the Simeons protocol comes directly from adipose fat tissue rather than lean muscle. In doing so, the weight lost comes directly from fat and does not strip the body of much needed muscle, vitamins or minerals essential to maintain good health, while at the same time, releasing excessive amounts of fat-stored nutrients into the blood stream to be absorbed by the body. For this reason, HCG dieters report a feeling and appearance of great health and marvel at the loss of negative health risks they had as an overweight individual.
5) Why the 500 calorie diet?
• HCG shots cause your hypothalamus to mobilize the fat out of the fat storage locations so that it’s available for use, but this is only effective if your body recognizes a significant drop in calories. While you are only consuming 500 calories, your hypothalamus is continually releasing the fat stored in your body. Because of this, your body is actually operating on thousands of calories a day. The result is your body using thousands of calories of fat from your body each day; the reason HCG dieters lose 1 to 2 pounds of fat or more per day.
6) What can I eat on the 500 calorie program?
• You are allowed:
* 2 servings per day of very lean chicken, white fish, very lean beef, egg whites, crab, lobster, shrimp, and scallops for your protein. You can choose from non starchy vegetables such as lettuce, green beans, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, spinach or tomatoes.
* 2 fruits per day or 2 fat free Melba toasts a day
* Fruit choices: apples, oranges, a handful of grapes or 3-5 strawberries
* 1 tablespoon of fat free milk per day
* Spices, mustard, and the juice of 1 lemon per day
* Unlimited unsweetened tea and water are allowed
7) Will I be hungry on 500 calories a day?
• It is sometimes common for mild hunger during the first few days, however this will pass. You will find even very tiny servings to be completely satisfying. This is partly due to your hypothalamus adjusting your metabolic rate, but largely due to the amount of calories circulating in your system from the fat being released. It is common that HCG dieters feel as though they are stuffing themselves in order to reach that 500 calorie limit! If you are not following the protocol perfectly, you may experience hunger. If you are following the protocol and are still having trouble with hunger, we can recommend a natural herbal appetite suppressant.
8) Wouldn’t I lose weight anyway just by eating the 500 calories a day?
• You would certainly lose weight, but not as much, and eventually your metabolism would slow down. As a result, your weight loss would hit a plateau. This is why you initially will lose weight on a diet but then it seems that you can not lose anymore regardless of how much you diet or exercise. In addition, it would not be safe to try this diet on your own which is why our program is medically supervised to ensure that you health is maintained during the course of your weight loss plan.
9) Can I buy HCG over the Internet or without a prescription?
• Authentic HCG is a controlled substance and is only legally dispensed via a prescription from a physician. If you are getting HCG online or from an individual without a valid prescription, it is not authentic HCG. Don’t risk it! If you are going to put in the time and effort to lose weight, please do it safely under the care of a physician.
10) Who is a candidate for the HCG diet?
• The majority of men and women can use HCG for weight loss. It is recommended that dieters consult a physician concerning weight loss, along with the appropriate implementation of the HCG protocol. The physician will not recommend HCG weight loss for women who are pregnant, nursing or plan to become pregnant. HCG will not allow the body to burn any fat other than excess reserve fat, so thin and emaciated people would not continue to lose weight on HCG. HCG can generally be used by most people, but persons who have less than 15 pounds to lose will still have to complete at least 23 days of the protocol. HCG is quite effective for people who regularly diet and exercise but cannot seem to get rid of the “last few pounds”.
11) How about safety and side effects of the HCG diet?
• There are rarely side effects reported while using HCG diet shots or oral HCG for weight loss. Women are encouraged to use a back up contraceptive method while on the protocol as HCG may increase fertility.
12) Will I gain the weight back after the HCG diet?
• After the HCG Protocol, you will find your appetite is reduced and your metabolism has increased. You will find a normal amount of exercise will be sufficient for maintaining a very healthy body – from yoga, to 20 minutes of cardio a day, or whatever you enjoy that gets your heart moving. With your hypothalamus reset, your metabolism will be different and you will be able to eat moderately without feeling the need to overeat.
13) What is the Maintenance program?
• It is important to continue with the Maintenance program after the HCG protocol to set your metabolism. If you were to start back eating the way you did before the diet, you would gain the weight back faster since your metabolism has not fully reset to the new higher level. The maintenance program will last between 3-9 months depending on your ability to maintain your weight. You will come off of the HCG with a maintenance program where you will gradually add complex carbohydrates, fruits and starches back into your diet. This process will take a minimum of 3 weeks. We will evaluate your calorie needs at your new weight and determine your recommended intake. During the maintenance phase you will keep careful track of any gains when reintroducing new foods. If a particular food causes a gain you will remove it from your diet until it does not cause a gain. We recommend coming in and getting weighed during the maintenance phase and continue getting lipotropic and B12 injections.
14) What does the program consist of?
• The complete program is 3 months but the length of use of HCG will depend on your goals. Those who need to lose up to 15 pounds will be on HCG for 23 days. Those who need to lose more will be on it for 40 days. If you have more than 40 pounds to lose, you will need to repeat the protocol until the desired weight loss is achieved. When you come in to the office the first time, you will meet with our nurse, discuss any health issues, we will go over your medical history and request any necessary tests and you will receive instructions on taking your HCG injections or sublingual. You will be given vitamin injections monthly and Lipotropic injections weekly and a weekly check in.
15) You have a support team!
• In any weight loss program, dieting is much more effective when you have support every step of the way. The Staff at Metrolina Weight Loss will guide you through every step, if you have a problem you can call us and we will help you through it. Also, you will be supervised by Dr. Kedar and all of our staff to make sure everything goes smoothly. We will provide you with tips on how to succeed with maximum weight loss with this weight loss plan and provide a quality pharmaceutical HCG. Also, you will check in weekly with our staff to weigh in and ask any questions. We find that the “weigh in” is necessary in keeping dieters accountable. If you are serious about making a change in your health and your body, our experienced staff is ready to assist you in reaching and maintaining your goal weight.
16) When can I schedule my appointment?
• Call us at 803-985-3939 and we will schedule an appointment to get you started! You can also visit our Contact page here. Your first visit will be an introductory consultation and information session, followed by an evaluation, weigh in and your first week of HCG.
Take your first step toward your new, fit and confident self…….Call us and schedule an appointment today! 803-985-3939
Although HCG is approved by the FDA for other medical purposes, it is not approved in treating obesity.