- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Vascular Laser Treatment
- Botox in Rockhill, SC & Charlotte, NC Area
- Juvederm Fillers / Injections
- Jane Iredale Skin Care
- Laser Treatments
- Liquid facelift and Vampire facelift
- PCA Skin Care
- PRP (Platelet-rich Plasma)
- VI Derm
What is PRP?
Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) is a liquid that contains platelets that are important in clotting blood. Platelets contain proteins called growth factors which aid in healing injuries and physical traumas. PRP is plasma that contains many more platelets than what is typically found in blood. In order to develop PRP, blood must be drawn and the platelets are then separated from the blood and through this process the concentration increases in a process called centrifugation. The concentration is than increased and combined with the remaining blood.
How does PRP work?
The increased concentration in growth factors works to speed up the healing process. This works in one of two ways:
- PRP is injected into the injured area
- PRP can be used to improve healing after surgery for certain injuries
This technique can be applied to:
- Chronic Tendon Injuries
- Acute Ligament and Muscle Injuries
- Knee Arthritis
Want to see more of our Aesthetic Services? Click here!